By now you've probably heard of our newest product, Matcha Collagen Superfood. Our inspiration for this product was to gather up the best superfoods we could think of to take in the morning to make your mind and body feel amazing for the rest of the day. Here's what we came up with:
- Ceremonial grade matcha for a calm sense of alertness and sustained energy
- Collagen protein for a youthful appearance and healthy skin, hair, nails, joints and bones
- MCT oil and coconut milk powder for brain support and healthy fats
- Adaptogens to fight stress and increase vitality
We absolutely love the way Matcha Collagen Superfood makes us feel. Energetic, yet calm and clear headed. It also tastes AMAZING. It's so good that we didn't even have to add any sweetener. No stevia. No monk fruit. No coconut sugar. Nothing. The subtle flavor of matcha combined with the sweet, creamy taste of coconut milk is perfect just the way it is.
The Matcha Collagen Superfood is also a great ingredient to bake with. Not only does it add a ton of nutrients with collagen protein, healthy fats from MCT Oil and coconut, and antioxidants from matcha, but the lightly sweet flavor profile is perfect for a tasty treat that's not going to make you feel like to need to take a two hour nap afterwards.
Our first baking creation with our new product was matcha muffins, and they did not disappoint.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 scoop Matcha Collagen Superfood
- Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients into a separate bowl
- Combine all ingredients into the same bowl
- Scoop mixed ingredients into muffin tin
- Bake at 350 for 12 min
- remove from oven, and let cool
- add toppings if you would like, and enjoy!
If you do end up making this recipe, we would love to see your creation! Tag us on instagram @rootznutrition and use the hashtag #getbacktoyourrootz. Hope you enjoy!