Check out these Rootz protein bites by Real Food with Dana that make the perfect snack, desert, pre-workout fuel, or post workout gainz meal. Bet you can't eat just one...
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 scoop + 1 Tbsp protein powder (rootz)
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp dried blueberries
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except the dried fruit and chocolate (if using) in the food processor and mix until well combined. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the dried fruit (and chocolate)
- Use a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon to form into bite-sized pieces. You’ll need to smush the dough into the scooper with your hand, then form them into circles.
- Best enjoyed slightly chilled, and stored in the refrigerator. I recommend letting them sit out for a few minutes before you eat them, so they’re nice and chewy!