Have you ever heard of a Buckeye Brownie? Traditionally, its a decadent chocolate brownie, topped with peanut butter and chocolate. It reminds us a little bit of a gourmet version of a Resee's peanut butter cup. For our most recent recipe, we made a completely paleo and keto approved version of this underappreciated delicacy! Hope you enjoy.
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- One scoop Rootz Protein Superfood
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, coconut sugar, and egg.
- Add coconut flour, Rootz Protein Superfood, cocoa powder, and mix more.
- Pour into a greased and/or parchment lined small brownie pan(6”x6”) or loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
Buckeye Topping Instructions:
- Mix together nut butter and maple syrup in a separate bowl
- Spread buckeye mixture in a thick layer over the cooled brownies.
- Let set up in fridge for 20 minutes
- Pour extra melted chocolate over the brownie
- Let it cool, and enjoy!