Check out these amazing low carb, Keto, and Paleo friendly dark chocolate protein cashew butter cups by Alex Snodgrass from The Defined Dish.
- c1/4 cup Cashew Butter
- 3 tbsp. Rootz Chocolate-Banana-Nut Superfood Protein Powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (60% dark chocolate or higher)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- coconut oil spray
- Mini Cupcake Pan
- Mini Cupcake Pan Baking Liners
- Fill mini muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and spray with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Boil 2 inches of water in a pot. Place a heat-safe bowl over the pot and melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring often, until chocolate is smooth.
- Scoop one teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto the bottom of each muffin liner. Then, place muffin tin into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Meanwhile, In a medium size bowl mix the cashew butter and protein powder together. Pop it in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Next, remove from fridge and with wet hands, separate the peanut butter and protein mixture into 12 marble sized balls (~1 teaspoon), and set aside.
- Next, place one protein peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate, carefully flattening the ball with your finger until it has a smooth top.
- Finally, add two more teaspoons of the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter to each liner to complete your peanut butter cup
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.