For this recipe, we've teamed up with our good friends at Jackson's Honest to give you these chocolate protein bites made from real, whole foods. Eating healthy but craving something sweet? We've got you covered! Whip up a batch of these protein bites for your daily dose of protein and plant nutrients, all wrapped up in one delicious chocolate-y package. Perfect to eat for dessert, as a pre or post workout fuel, or as a healthy snack at anytime during the day!
(Makes 6-8 truffles)
- 2 scoops Rootz Nutrition Chocolate Banana Nut Protein Superfood
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Jackson's Honest Grain Free Sweet Potato Puffs, crushed
- Mix Rootz Nutrition Chocolate Banana Nut Protein Superfood powder, almond flour, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add nut butter, maple syrup and milk and mix well again.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form mixture into golfball sized balls and roll in crushed Jackson's Honest Grain Free Sweet Potato Puffs.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!