Check out these low carb, keto, and paleo friendly chocolate collagen brownies by our friend Cristina Curp at The Castaway Kitchen. Hope you enjoy them!
- 1/2 cup fine ground almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao power
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 scoops Rootz Chocolate Collagen Superfood
- 3 ounces of 85% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup of coconut or nut milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease your baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond meal, cacao powder, sweetener, salt and Chocolate Collagen Superfood.
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium low heat and put the chopped chocolate in it to gently melt. Whisk often until smooth. Remove from the heat and slowly power in the milk while you continue to whisk. Add in the eggs, one at a time, while you continue to whisk, then the vanilla.
- Lastly, slowly pour in the oil while you continue to whisk, and keep whisking until the mix is a rich, silky chocolate batter.
- Pour that into the dry mix and use a spatula to hold it together until well combined. Transfer the mix the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 squares.
Get our brand new Chocolate Collagen Superfood here. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram! We love seeing your creations.