Rootz Sweet Potato Banana Nut Protein Muffins
We can't get enough of these protein muffins by The Real Food RD's . Take a look at the full recipe below!
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato puree
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (~⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup almond butter (may substitute any nut or seed butter of choice)
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Rootz protein powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Coconut Butter (optional)
- Coconut Sugar (optional)
- Optional add-in’s - dried cranberries, dried cherries, raisins, coconut flakes, or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with oil.
- In a bowl combine sweet potato, banana and almond butter; stir until smooth.
- Next add the whole eggs, maple syrup and vanilla; stir until smooth.
- Lastly mix in the coconut flour, protein powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly, filling each muffin well. Optional - top each muffin with a banana slice, chopped walnuts, sprinkle of coconut sugar and dash of cinnamon.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer muffins out of pan and onto wire rack to cool.