Check out this amazing protein brownie recipe by The Castaway Kitchen. Perfect for a little healthy holiday indulgence.
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or carob powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops Rootz Paleo Protein Superfood
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend (or maple sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup HOT water
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks or Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking pan, bread loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with avocado oil or cooking oil.
- In a bowl whisk together cacao powder, protein powder, almond meal, salt, baking soda and Truvia.
- Add in eggs, almond butter, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add in water and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- If you'd like to add some crunch, top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, insert toothpick to check if its done.
- Might take up to 40 minutes.., maybe more, oven temperatures vary.
Leave a comment